Financial / Rates
- Tri Care
- Veterans Association
- Blue Cross of California
- Blue Shield of California
- United Healthcare / Secure Horizons / Pacific Care
We also coordinate care with many medical groups, including, but not limited to:
- Healthcare Partners
- Memorial Health Care System
- Greater Newport Phy.
- Edinger Medical Group
- St. Joseph’s
- Reliance Hospice
- Vitas Hospice
- Hospice Touch
Private Pay – HVHC’s Private Pay rates are as follows:
- Semi-Private Room = $350/day
- 3 Bed Room = $300/day
Medicare Eligibility, Enrollment & Premium
Medicare is a Health Insurance Program for people 65 years of age and older, some disabled people under 65 years of age, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease (permanent kidney failure treated with dialysis or a transplant).
Medicare will cover skilled care only if all of the following are true:
- You have Medicare Part A* (Hospital Insurance) and have days left in your benefit period.
- You have a qualifying hospital stay. This means an inpatient hospital stay of 3 consecutive days or more. You must enter the SNF within a short period of time of leaving the hospital.
- Your doctor has ordered the services you need for SNF care, which require the skills of professional personnel such as registered nurses, licensed practical nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, etc.
- You require the skilled care on a daily basis and the services must be ones that can only be provided in a SNF on an inpatient basis.
- You need these skilled services for a medical condition that:
– was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay, or
– started while you were getting SNF care for a medical condition that was treated during a qualifying 3-day hospital stay.
Daily rate for skilled nursing care include room and board:
- Three meals per day served in main dining or rehabilitative dining areas
- Tray service, plus snacks
- Special diets upon physician order
- Daily assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs), i.e., dressing, bathing, ambulation, personal hygiene and needs
- Daily housekeeping service
- Bed and bathroom linens (less incontinent care linens)
- Administration of medications as prescribed by either attending/alternate physician
- 24-hour supervision by licensed nursing personnel (R.N. or L.P.N.) and Certified Nursing Assistants
- Assistance with feeding
- Planned activities
- Recreational and occupational programs
- Drug regimen review
- Social services consultation
- Discharge planning and referral service
- Rooms furnished in accordance with state and federal regulatory agencies
PLEASE NOTE: THE DAILY ROOM RATE DOES NOT INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING: PHYSICIAN VISIT CHARGES, DENTIST VISIT CHARGES, MEDICATION AND SUNDRY ITEMS, RESIDENT CARE MEDICAL SUPPLIES AND MATERIALS, INCONTINENT CARE SUPPLIES/LINENS, SPECIAL PHYSICIAN ORDERED THERAPIES SUCH AS PHYSICAL THERAPY, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY, RESPIRATORY THERAPY, DIAGNOSTIC TESTS, AND OTHER SPECIALIZED CARE PROCEDURES, ETC.
Medi-Cal Eligibility Policy
If you need assistance applying for Medi-Cal benefits please see our in-house Medi-Cal specialist. We would be happy to help you begin your application!